The answers to this month’s questions seemed like they did not want to get posted. First time I tried a power outage erased all the typing I had just completed. The next time I had any free time, my server crashed and I couldn’t get on-line to put them up. But finally, fate was merciful, and here they are!
1. Which of the following planets is farthest from the sun?(Mars, Uranus, Jupiter, Saturn, or Earth)
2. Think back to the television season of 1995 to 1996. Who grabbed more viewers? Seinfeld or Home Improvement.
3. Which U.S. actress was born in 1943 and died in 1969?
4. Tripoli, a major city in Lebanon, also shares its name with the capital of: (Algeria, Chad, Libya, Mali, Mauritani)
5. Give or take five years, when was the Model T introduced?
6. Which state is known as the “Wolverine State”?
7. Who were bloomers named after?
Amelia Bloomer, of course!(This was the hardest question.)
8. Which Giants Hall of Fame centerfielder had 660 career home runs?
The Say-Hey kid himself, Willie Mays.
9. In what year did the U.N. turn 50?
10. In terms of U.S. military deaths, which war was the costliest in U.S. history?
World War II